ILCs are exposed to a wide variety of professional experiences and opportunities for skill building, including skills in leadership development, facilitation, project management, member recruitment, critical thinking, conflict management, resiliency, problem solving, fiscal responsibility, and time management. ILCs also become experienced business travelers, public speakers and coaches.
ILCs are compensated for their work and are eligible for benefits made available to Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority employees.
ILCs also receive intensive in-person training multiple times a year, personal and professional development opportunities, and other benefits associated with the role. All travel, accommodations and meals while conducting sorority business are covered by the organization.
Additional information regarding compensation and benefits will be provided to applicants during interview weekend in February 2020.
Applicants must be a Delta Phi Epsilon member in good standing with experience in management or leading others (i.e. chapter leadership team, Panhellenic Council leadership role, campus leadership role, internship, work experience, etc.). Applicants must have a completed bachelor’s degree by May 2020.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Experience working with Greek-lettered organizations and/or knowledge of sororities and fraternities
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Well-organized and able to work while making sound decisions under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, sound judgment, critical thinking and decision-making abilities
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage people and situations
- Ability to take direction from staff members such as supervisors or other organizational leaders
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office products and email systems; technical aptitude to learn internal systems and required packages
- Must be able to travel by air, car and occasionally rail regularly
- Ability to focus on details, handle multiple tasks, and remain highly organized in a fast-paced environment.
Applicants must complete the online application, which includes resume-based information, essay questions and reference recommendations. Candidates selected to progress in the hiring process will be contacted to schedule a phone interview for mid-January. Should one progress through the phone interview stage, candidates must be available for an in-person interview weekend at the International Headquarters in Philadelphia for a weekend in February.
- September 30: ILC application opens
- November 22: ILC application closes at 11:59 p.m. EST
- January 6 – 15: ILC Skype interviews
- February 7 – 9: ILC Interview Weekend
- February 17: ILC offers
Recommend an ILC Candidate
Do you know or work with an incredible Delta Phi Epsilon leader who would be an outstanding International Leadership Consultant?
Any individual who has graduated within the past one to two years or will graduate by May 2020 is eligible for recommendation/to apply.