Alumnae initiation is an invititation we share with the women in our lives who have not had an opportunity to join DPhiE through traditional collegiate recruitment, but are committed to living our values and ideals. By sharing this gift of sisterhood with women who exemplify our motto, mission and founding principles, we are all able to grow our influence throughout society.
Alumnae initiates have all the rights, privileges and responsibilities of alumnae members. Alumnae Initiates lead their local alumnae associations, advise chapters, serve on committees and even lead our organization as board members.
• A person interested in working with and/or mentoring young women.
• Women looking for a commitment to our sisterhood. She can be a mother, grandmother, sister, friend, relative, teacher, professor, advisor or other valued member of the community.
• She has attended one year of college or more during her lifetime.
• Is not an initiated member of any other National Panhellenic Conference organization (NPC).
• You will enjoy a network of supportive sisters and friends who can help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
• Meet new friends and colleagues through a local alumnae chapter.
• Opportunity to share your talents and skills and volunteering for programs and causes that are valuable to you.
• Be a part of Delta Phi Epsilon’s mission to provide a sisterhood experience rich with tradition, innovation and opportunities for growth.
The Sisterhood Sponsor must be an active member in good standing, collegiate or alumnae, and must complete this form. If the nomination is approved, the Alumna Initate (or initiating chapter/association) will be invoiced for initiation fees and sisterhood badge. All nominations must include a letter of recommendation outlining your reasons for nominating this candidate for Alumnae Initiation, why she is worthy of membership in Delta Phi Epsilon and what you feel she would contribute as a member of the Sorority. By nominating, recommending and sponsoring an Alumna Initiate, you agree to support the Alumna Initiate’s engagement in the Sorority by guiding her through the Alumnae Initiate PEARL Program.
"BE was the word that stood out. Be inspired, Be connected, Be Resourceful, Be Informed, Be Aware, Be Giving and Be Authentic. We had a shared passion and purpose. After I was initiated as an alumna, I received welcoming hugs and congratulations from my new sisters. They taught me a great lesson. Whether you're Gen Y, X, or a boomer like me, common values can transcend age differences."
"Sharing our sorority Ritual at Convention and initiating my mom as a sister of Delta Phi Epsilon is a memory of a lifetime and one that I will never forget. Having Cheryl Lamm, our International Ritualist and a DPhiE near and dear to my heart, lead the ceremony was truly a memorable moment. The greatest thing about our sisterhood is the shared values and traditions that create a sacred, unbreakable bond between sisters across many generations."
"Little did I know when I walked through the doors of Delta Phi Epsilon International Headquarters on my first day of work that this wouldn't just be a workplace, but it would become a home. As I listened in amazement at the passion, dedication and love of these women, I knew I needed to become a member. Two years after my alumna initiation at the 2014 Convention, I am only just beginning to understand that sisterhood is not a destination but a journey with the most fascinating and wonderful women I know."